These Scigiene UTI testing dipslides feature two different agars
(culture medium). One side of the slide has CLED agar (green side) which tests
for / supports the growth of urinary pathogens. This agar will show the total
viable bacterial count. If you count the number of colonies on the CLED agar
and compare it with the chart, it will indicate whether an infection is present
based on the appropriate cfu/ml threshold. Colonies on this agar are fairly
simple to differentiate.
The red side (MacConkey agar) grows / tests for coliforms.
Differentiates between coliforms and non-lactose fermenters. Gram positive are
inhibited. Salmonella and shigella species appear as straw colonies. Coliforms
appear as red / pink colonies with bile precipitation.
The listing price is for one box of dipslides. Each box
contains 10 slides.
- Flexible Paddle - Each dipslide features a virtually unbreakable and flexible paddle allowing for even, full surface testing.
- Easy "Run Off" Design - Due to the design of the dipslide, fluids will drain off quickly during testing.
- Recessed Handle - Each slide has a handle built into the lid that is recessed to help keep your fingers dry during testing.
- Side Indicator - One side of the slide will have a circle indicator so you know which side was used for testing which type of contaminant.
- Dual Sided - Each dipslide is dual sided to allow multiple contamination testing with one test.
- Thick Reliable Agar - Approx. 4mm
- Slide Format: Large Pushfit
- Agar (Side 1): CLED
- Detection (Side 1): Total Count
- Agar (Side 2): MacConkey Without Salt
- Detection (Side 2): Coliforms
- Shelf Life: 9 Months
- Storage Temperature: 8°C - 15°C
- Suggested Incubation Temperature: 35°C
- Suggested Incubation Time: 24-48 Hours