Scigiene Plate Count dipslide tests for total count bacteria on both sides. It features plate count agar (culture medium) which grows / detects viable organisms in water, food and dairy products. The growth on this slide appears as red dots making the colonies easier to view and count.
If your sample has bacteria in it, the bacteria will grow as colonies / red dots on the dipslide. You can then count the dots and compare with the chart provided to assess the level of microbial contamination.
Contamination by bacteria on surface or in aqueous industrial environments can lead to many quality issues or product failures.
These dipslides come in a pack size of 10 slides per box. The slide has a flexible paddle and is within a shatterproof container. The Scigiene Plate Count Test Kit has a 9-month shelf life. It should be stored at room
temperature, but care should be taken to avoid frequent temperature changes.
- Flexible Paddle - Each dipslide features a virtually unbreakable and flexible paddle allowing for even, full surface testing.
- Easy "Run Off" Design - Due to the design of the dipslide, fluids will drain off quickly during testing.
- Recessed Handle - Each slide has a handle built into the lid that is recessed to help keep your fingers dry during testing.
- Side Indicator - One side of the slide will have a circle indicator so you know which side was used for testing which type of contaminant.
- Dual Sided - Each dipslide is dual sided to allow multiple contamination testing with one test.
- Thick Reliable Agar - Approx. 4mm
- 10 dipslides per case
- Slide Format: Large Pushfit
- Agar (Side 1): Plate Count & TTC
- Detection (Side 1): Total Count
- Agar (Side 2): Plate Count & TTC
- Detection (Side 2): Total Count
- Storage Temperature: 8°C - 15°C
- Suggested Incubation Temperature: 35°C
- Suggested Incubation Times: 24-48 Hours